Sunday, May 9, 2010

Successful Start to 2010 Racing Season

Well, it's been 2 years since I've raced, so I was a little nervous to toe the line.

My training was resumed after 4 short weeks after Jubilee was born. It was a fun winter swimming, biking (trainer rides), running, snowshoeing, and xc skiing with my bestest of friends. I added trail running and mountain biking since the early snow melt in early spring. April 24th was my first trail race, 12.3 km. My time of 00:55:13 was good enough to place me 2nd overall female. I hit the trail again for my second race, this time a 25k. I was fortunate to run it with my great friend, Krista. I placed 2nd overall female (Krista was 1st) with a time of 2:13.

I look forward to the upcoming season.

1 comment:

JimR said...

I do recall a couple of women finishing up ahead of me in Dundas valley. I guess one was one them was you.

I was blogger searching '5 peaks' and noticed your post so just commenting a hi. Good luck on the trails. Dundas was the easy one. Durham has good footing but tougher terrain (more hills), and Rattlesnake (Milton) will be...well...difficult.

Proud athlete of:

Proud Ambassador of:

Proud Athlete of Icespike

Proud Athlete of Icespike
Order Now!